In a recent CRM Online project, I had a challenge that the users were not able to export all approx. 108,000 account records to Excel using the standard “Export to Excel” feature – nothing happened after they click “Export”.
We tried the dynamic worksheet option, but similar issue: Excel froze for a few minutes as it retrieved the records, and was still a blank worksheet afterwards…
Continue reading “Exporting a Large Number of Records as an Excel Spreadsheet from CRM Online”
Microsoft recently (today for APAC) released an update to CRM Online to now support Safari on iPad.
A few interesting facts about this iPad version:
- It is lighter than the full-blown version, and is quicker to load (see Figure 1).
- Only the Workspace area is displayed – no Sales, Service, Marketing, or Settings.
- There is no ribbon – what makes the site loads quicker, but then the users won’t be able to perform bulk tasks (see Figure 2).
- It only supports the new UI for displaying record, classic form is not supported. If you have disabled the new UI (i.e. through security role), then the Mobile Express form is displayed instead.
- Only works in the relatively most recent version of Safari. Below was tested on iPad 2. On old Safari on iPad 1, you will be redirected to the Mobile Express version.
Continue reading “CRM Online Now Works on iPad”
This was not possible before the recent Polaris release, but now you can change the instance name of your CRM Online environment!
The trick is to know where to look.
Continue reading “You can now change the URL of your CRM Online environment!”